COVID-19 update from Animal Doctors International
With recent developments regarding COVID-19, we would like to reassure our clients that we will remain open to treat your pets! It is our aim to continue to be in that position throughout this episode to ensure the health and welfare of all pets and pet parents.
As a licensed and accredited veterinary hospital, we already have numerous and robust hygiene policies in place – further to this and in light of the updated advice coming from the authorities, we have reviewed these policies and added some additional precautionary measures.
At the moment these additional measures are:
- Before coming to the clinic, please let us know if you are feeling unwell, or if you have been in contact with someone who is unwell, or if you are self-isolating. We suggest that you always make an appointment in advance in order to reduce any potential waiting time, and thereby minimizing the number of people waiting in our reception area.
- We are asking all clients who visit our practice to please use the hand sanitizers provided, on entering the practice and leaving the consulting room.
- We are asking that only one pet parent enter the consulting room together with your pet. We suggest that other family members wait at home, in reception or outside our clinic.
- Depending on the available guidance we may start to screen for fever upon entry to the hospital and decline entry for anyone with a temperature above 38°C.
- Our team, both local and international, have been instructed not to travel and not to come to work should they have been exposed to potential cases or have any symptoms of a cold / flu.
- Our vets will greet you without a handshake and may ask you to step back from the consulting table, and we are more likely to take your pet into our prep area to carry out an examination.
In addition, we would like to reassure everyone that according to the WHO, OIE and WSAVA there is no evidence that pets can be a source of COVID-19 infection to other humans or animals.
Our amazing receptionists are on hand to help you with any pet-related issues. We are here if you need us!
Stay strong, stay safe!
More updates to follow!