Only this August: Discount 20% on Desexing Dogs and Cats
Never think about spay or neuter your pets?
Desexing not only helps to ensure fewer unwanted and homeless animals, but also research shows that desexed animals can actually live longer and healthier lives.
Contact our international doctors at 028 6260 3980 for more information and book an appointment now!
Some facts about spaying/neutering:
- Neutering is usually carried out at around 6 months of age and basically prevents your cat or dog from breeding.
- The advantages of having males castrated are as follows: May help to prevent wandering if there is a female in season in the area.
- Helps prevent prostate problems (e.g. infection, cancer) in later life. Helps prevent them from developing testicular cancer.
- Can help to calm the dog down. Reduces the risk of peri anal tumours and hernias, which we commonly see in older, intact dogs.
- Neutered cats are less likely to roam, this reduces the threat of abscesses caused by bites and diseases transmitted by fighting are also greatly reduced.
- The advantages of having females speyed are as follows: Spaying prevents your pet from the stress and trauma of giving birth to unwanted puppies or kittens.
- Prevents them from developing pyometra in later life (a potentially fatal uterine infection) Prevents them coming into season which can be messy.
- Can help prevent mammary cancer developing in later life if performed before the 1st season.